Friday, January 13, 2012

My Stanton & Castleton IRA 12-31-2011 PSDS Scan



This is the first scan posted using 12-31-2011 5yr Market Data from Thomson-Reuters. It is for my year-end changes to last years portfolio. The two stocks last year MCD and CHD helped performance and reduced risk so well I added two more OXY and CAT. They were both on sale late last year with low PEG ratios in fact CAT's was only 0.59 when I bought it and they pay a nice dividend. Berkshire Hathaway stock does not yet pay a dividend (I am still hoping) and it does not have a positive 5yr Sharpe ratio. It is not in the Balanced portfolio but it remains in my portfolio. Sharpe ratio is a good tool but in this instance I decided to over rule the tool, accept the volatility risk and keep the stock for my Grandchildren. No surprise there.

No comments: